Sunday, May 13, 2007

This post has nothing to do with teaching or education

Because every now and then, it's good to talk about other things.

Loving this season of The Ultimate Fighter. I expected more out of Corey in his first fight, but I don't see how Dana could say that the other guy won it; Corey was clearly more aggressive.

That head kick that Gonzaga used to knock Mirko Cro Cop out was monster. Didn't see that one coming at all, but if St. Pierre can lose anything can happen.

So, Randy gets Gonzaga next, and I'll be damned if I don't think that Gonzaga beats The Natural to become the champion. After that, who knows? If Cro Cop comes back with a couple of wins, if Silvia actually puts out some effort, if Arlovski keeps going as he should....it's a heck of a division.

I like Around the Horn. It's good TV, and I don't care what anyone says Jay Mariotti is aces with me.

Provolone is clearly the best of all the cheeses. Really, I don't see any other cheese coming close.

NBC needs to give some of the shows in their 10:00 p.m. Monday slot a chance, instead of turfing them after a few weeks. I thought Studio 60 was a masterpiece that just needed time to catch on. The Black Donnellys would have worked better as a mini-series event. Wedding Crashers only getting three weeks shows that NBC is a network that is throwing everything they can out there and seeing what sticks, but they're doing it too fast.

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is as addictive as crack. I have about 180 hours into it now with my Dark Elf Vampire Assassin, and there's still hundreds of options for what I could do. This morning I routed Mancoran in his own house and now I'm ready to go back to the Imperial City, where I think it all goes down. I'll kill a goblin for you.

Arena Football is aces. I went to a game for our own Spokane Shock last year, and man is it ever an exciting environment to watch a game in.

I've gone 5 months without Pepsi. Switched to Coke instead. I miss Pepsi.

Happy Sunday!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What

A

Hoot!

jl

PS: my kids would envy your monster computer, because they are limited by hardware to ElderScrolls 3. But, we do have a number of computers (OK, I admit, eight) networked for some family time of Starcraft, Unreal Tournament, or AOE. So neener.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You mean I'm not the only educator who watches Ultimate Fighter?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

JL: See, I envy your network, while you get to envy my Elder Scrolls. Especially for Starcraft; that's good gaming, right there.

RWProf: Love, love, love TUF. Got hooked during Season 3, and now I'm nuts for the whole event. Can't wait to see Liddell/Jackson tomorrow!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home