Saturday, April 28, 2007

This Month’s WE Magazine

The central focus of this issue is what went on at last month’s Rep Assembly in Tacoma. Next year it’s in Spokane, and I’ve already made it known that I want to be one of our representatives. The president-elect is Mary Lindquist of Mercer Island; I like what I read of her in the campaign materials, and I think she’ll do us proud. Mike Ragan kind of shocked the world by winning the Vice-President election over Kevin Teeley, but it’ll be nice to have an Eastsider on the exec board.

The most jarring thing, to me, is to see Bob Chase, the father of New Unionism, featured at the goodbye toast for Charles Hasse, outgoing president of the WEA, and one of the most old-school union guys you could ever hope to find. Two pages later there’s an article about the Seattle EA alliance with the AFL-CIO; again, not exactly New Unionism.

You can get to the online version of WE off of the WEA’s website, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home