Saturday, June 07, 2008

On Bobby Kennedy

I was born 10 years after RFK was assassinated, in 1968, and 15 years after JFK died, in 1963. For me the Kennedy family has always been more history than present, even with Ted still being on the national scene. Growing up my mom hated, hated Ted with a passion ("*ucking gunmen killed the wrong brothers!" is a direct quote; I think it had something to do with his car crash); this was pretty much the only connection I had to Camelot.

That's why it's interesting for me to read pieces from those who actually lived through the time, and one of the best I've seen in a long while is The Newsboy by Carl Cannon for Reader's Digest. Thoughtful and descriptive, it's a first hand look at reactions to RFK's death, and it's great reading.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home