Sunday, June 01, 2008

Some Motivational Tidbits I’ve Found in the Last Few Days

The first was an ad from SAS which says that bees make one-twelfth of a teaspoon of honey in their lifetime. That’s a lot of work for not much results, but the cumulative effect of all those bees making honey is a neat thing.

Later on I was watching the Spurs/Lakers game and they had a piece on Spurs coach Greg Popovich sharing a quote from Jacob Riis that I think speaks pretty powerfully to what we do in the classroom every day:

“When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much a a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.”
I like that visual.

Thanks to Khandor's Sports Blog for having the quote.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home