Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things, Both Good and Bad

I have 20 kids in my class this year. That's an absolutely incredible gift for any 5th grade teacher, and I'm already seeing the results.

My stepfather is still doing OK. Right now he's struggling with gout, which is the fundamental unfairness of the world--if a guy is going to die of cancer, can't he at leas be able to go fishing without excruciating pain?

The leaves on the trees have been changing rapidly the past few days. This is my favorite time of the year.

My daughter likes preschool more than she likes her parents. The teacher and parent in me are both OK with that.

The first 7 days have been really, really busy on the local union front. The district made a $75,000 hiring mistake that we're going to be fighting over for a long time, I fear.

Football is back. Sadly, that doesn't do much for us here in Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home