Sunday, August 23, 2009

Moving On, Moving Out

It was a good 8 year run in first grade, but when a 5th grade position opened up in my building last week, I jumped on it. I like the little kids, and teaching beginning reading is one of the great joys I've had in life, but it was time for a change, and I think this'll be a happy thing.

The trouble with that profound a grade shift is that you can't really take it with you--all the worksheets, all the story books, all the bits 'n' pieces that make the primary grades fun but don't quite work in the upper elementary.

A new adventure. I'm looking forward to it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Twigs said...

You'll love 5th grade! I've taught 3rd and 4th but 5th is my all time favorite! Good luck and enjoy. :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Dr Pezz said...

Good luck!

I still think I would go crazy outside of the high school, but I admire the work y'all do.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home