Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Let Me Tell You About Your Genitalia



The nurse came up to me yesterday with a sheepish look on her face.

"Ryan, I'm sorry, but you're the only male staff member left in the building. Would you be OK with teaching the unit on puberty and sex to the 5th grade boys?"

Oh, Christ. I knew this day would come. After our male psychologist and male principal left, and the one other male teacher in the building followed close behind, it was only a matter of time.

I considered drawing on my first grade experience and teaching the kids with Petey the Penis Puppet, but the Title teacher pointed out that could have the potential to scar the kids for life, so I guess I'll play it straight-up direct instruction.

It should give me a fun blog story to tell, at least.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how you integrate technology into this lesson!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Dr Pezz said...

This could be my ultimate teaching nightmare!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home