Friday, November 23, 2007

Good News, Bad News

I’m really enjoying my intern membership in the Association of Washington School Principals. Their magazine is top notch, and I’m hoping that I can get to the assistant principals conference in February and learn more about administrative things.

As I’ve been going through my pile of reading material I came across their annual report, which details all their activities for the previous year. A number that jumped out at me was that they gave 257 grants last year through the program they administer that allows for time off for principal interns to learn the trade.

This is good, because I’d like to think I have a pretty decent shot at getting one of those grants.

This is bad, because that means there’s 257 other new principals out there who’ll be fighting for the jobs that come up.

Under the Dilbert Principle, I’m hoping that the fact that I’m tall will help be stand out (get it? Eh…) from the field.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home