Friday, April 20, 2007

Destination Imagination Champions Disqualified for Use of Imagination Enhancing Drugs

I thought about typing up a fake story for that, but I love the headline just the way it is.

Went to the Destination: Imagination state tournament in Wenatchee a couple of weekends back. It’s always one of the highlights of my year; watching motivated kids striving to earn that trip to the Global Finals is an incredible experience. Barb Sailors, president of the Washington Imagination Network and the state gifted ed association, is an incredible lady with boundless energy, and she put together another winner of a tournament this year.

This year I changed things up a bit; I usually sit in as an appraiser, but this year I did the prep area where the teams check in. That was actually a lot of fun; you could tell the teams that were nervous, and you could also tell the teams (hey, G-Prep) that had been there before and were supremely confident in their ability to go out and kick ass (hey again, G-Prep).

I haven’t been able to find the results yet, but I’m sure they’ll be posted over at WIN’s website before too long. Congratulations to all the teams advancing to Globals, and I hope to see you all again next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home