Friday, February 02, 2007

Random Drug Testing on the March!

Interesting article in the online edition of Newsweek about random drug testing for high school students involved in extracurricular activities.

Even more interesting things said in the comments section. A sample:

It is a great idea. Drug test everyone, not just for extra curricular activities. It's ILLEGAL, and should be addressed. Besides, why get in such a huff over it if you're not doing drugs? Just makes you look guilty...

The only students that will complain is the guilty. Many will complain around certain kids and agree to it with others. The kids know who uses and who doesn't. I wish they would of had the drug testing when I was in school. It would have given me an easy way out of taking drugs.

As a parent of a 15 year old girl, I say test them. Only the guilty have something to fear.

I'm 100% for this. In this day and age, SO many of our children and teens are exposed to and experimenting with drugs. I went to High School. I remember how it was. The argument of "invasion of privacy" is absolutely ridiculous, and is just parents sticking their head in the sand. If my child is on drugs, I darned well want to know about it. Anyone refusing a drug test has something to hide. Period.

I’ve written before about how I think that random, suspicion-less drug testing is an affront to the rights of the kids. Drug use in the schools is a problem, but I think the proposed cure is worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home