Friday, September 22, 2006

Today's stories

One of my littler girls comes up to me and says, "Mr. Rain! I learned how to stand backwards with my eyes closed!"

I considered that for a moment. "Really? Show me how you do that!"

So she takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, and turns around. After a couple of seconds she turns back around and says, "See! I did it!"

Remember when learning how to stand backwards was a good day?

...................

Another one, from when we were doing calendar:

"Sweetie, do you think that today is dry, foggy, rainy or snowy?"

"Foggy!"

"I think that's a good answer; it was quite foggy when I was driving to work today!"

Then one of my girls asks in all seriousness, "Mr. Rain, where do you work?"

I should have played with her some on that. "I can't tell you where I work, honey, because I'm a spy!" or "I play piano in a....warehouse." or "I'm the guy who takes your order at the drive-through at Burger King!" or "I work in a pineapple under the sea."

Instead I gave her the truth--"Honey, this is my job."

"Nuh-uh! This is school, not work!"

Oh honey, if only that were entirely true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home