Sunday, August 06, 2006

Here Comes Teacher Appreciation Season!

Crayola does a monthly email newsletter, and recently they listed some of the events for teachers that are coming up here in the back-to-school season. Here’s what they listed, along with some others I found:

Michael’s Crafts: The week of August 20th to 26th they’ll be giving 10% off to anyone who comes in with a valid teacher ID card. They're also having an on-line giveaway beginning the 19th at the link above. I spend way too much money at Michael’s; I like to redo the room every couple of months to match the season, and they’re great for decorations.

Shopko: The flyer in today's paper said that they would be giving teachers 15% off of everything this Wednesday, August 9th.

Wal-Mart: Their website lists teacher appreciation events, but it doesn’t give any dates. I called two of my local Wal-Marts and they said that they were definitely going to have something for teachers and to check the ads to see when they would be.

Staples: Here in Spokane they’re all going to be on August 26th. They’re giving each teacher a bag of stuff!

Office Depot: Their website says they're hosting a teacher appreciation breakfast at their stores, but individual dates aren't listed for each store. They could stand to learn from Staples' web site in that regard.

Free stuff is always good stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pffft! What's with this breakfast junk? I want discounts people. Like when I went to the Field Museum in Chicago, showed 'em my Teacher Badge and got in for free. You know, the whole red carpet she-bang.

Oh, and this post is exceptional. I hope you keep it updated so I know where to take my money and hope for discounts. :-)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home