Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer

Has anyone ever put a monetary value to summer vacation?

Our last day of school was Friday. We watched Chicken Little (cute movie), had cake to celebrate our summer birthdays (good frosting), I said a few words and gave them their report cards, and we were out the door.

The sun shone a little brighter, the flowers smelled just a little sweeter. Our end-of-year party was in a lounge down the road, and the food seemed to taste just a little bit better. I slept so well this weekend. I think I’m taller now, and my hair is growing back.

I love summer. Absolutely love it. There’s time now, for things, and I don’t even have to do most of those things. The impending birth of the Little (s)Thinker necessitates doctors appointments and getting the house ready for new life, but there’s time. Precious, precious time.

I hope you all have a fine summer holiday; it’s one of those things that makes teaching worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home