Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Baby Showers Bring Fun For Hours

I think I’ve mentioned on here before that Mrs. Thinker is pregnant with the Little (s)Thinker. The only problem that we’ve run across is that the due date is September 7th, which also happens to be the first day of school in my district. Not the best planning on our part, but that wasn’t really what I was thinking about at the time of conception. My worst fear is that I’ll end up missing the first day of school because of the baby coming due. Everyone tells me that when the baby does come school will be the farthest thing from my mind, and they’re likely right, but in 1st grade you’ve got to start building those routines from day 1 or you’re going to regret it.

Today was our baby shower. We’re a young staff in my building, so we’ve had a done of these in the last couple of years. For every other shower I’ve been able to throw a couple of bucks into an envelope, grab my cake, and hit the road, but when it’s your shower for your baby there’s this expectation that you’ll stay for the whole thing. I intended to protest, but the look on Mrs. T’s face made me reconsider.

Actually, it was really a fun experience. We’re having a girl, so there was a ton of little pink outfits. My wife is from a farming family, so we also had a ton of cow things. It was neat having so many people come to the shower—I’ll be able to think back to that during a hard day down the road and remember just why I love my job and the people I work with.

But man, there’s a lot of pink around this house right now, and so much more to come, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYC Educator said...

Congratulations.

It's the best thing you can do. There's just nothing better.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home