Saturday, October 11, 2008

Random Thoughts from the Last Few Days

The tops of clouds fascinate me. I've seen the bottoms of clouds many times, but I see the tops so rarely. I guess I really don't know clouds....at all....

"My Friends Tigger and Pooh" is anti-intellectual pap because it doesn't have Owl. And since when does Tigger get top billing? And weren't Heffalumps better when they were unseen protagonists in league with the Woozles?

I've often been tempted to stop at the massage bar at Sea-Tac and see if they could get some stress out. Then I worry that Mrs. would find out I spent that sort of money on that sort of thing, and that would be a whole different kind of stress.

I think I'm really going to like my work with the WEA-PAC management board. It should be educational, and it's an awesome group of people to spend time with.

Vote Gregoire.

I feel a bit like a moron, but I only recently discovered the song "Joey" by Concrete Blonde. That's good music.

We had our field trip the other day, up to Green Bluff. The kids got to see how apple cider is made and pick a pumpkin out of the pumpkin patch, which absolutely made their day.

Recently reconnected with some old high school friends on my Facebook page. Mrs. thinks that I should do one for MySpace, too, but I think I'll leave that one to her.

I don't know if I'm going to go out on Election Night to a party, or just get the results here at home as they come in. The thought of wild revelry with 1,000 other Evil Liberals rather warms the cockles of my heart. Maybe I should have a union party....

It cost me $43 dollars to take a cab from Sea-Tac to Federal Way. $2.50 a mile. That should be my milage rate too, I think.

The thought increasingly seems true to me that, if you're not tired, you're not doing a good job as Union president. I've also heard it expressed that union presidents are like diapers--they should be changed regularly. I'm thinking a two-year run as president would be plenty.

(Yes, I also know the other half of that union president/diaper joke: not only should they be changed regularly, they're also both full of crap. I will not dispute that.)

24 days until the election. After November 5th I'll have a lot less to think about.

I wish McCain 2000 was running. That guy was pretty good.

Energy drinks are swell. A nice chilled Red Bull, a Monster in the green can....that's my coffee, right there. The only downside is that I can't make fun of what the latte drinkers spend when I'm chugging a $2.50 heart attack in a can, but it's worth it.

Took a personal leave day on Tuesday to go up to Republic and see how the parent's cabin is coming along. Beautiful country up there that I'm looking forward to exploring more.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog by accident, while doing a search on "Powerful Teaching and Learning." After reading your 2006 PTL post, I decided to explore your blog a bit and read the 10/11 post that ended with a comment about your trip to Republic. At the risk of being a bit forward, Republic is my hometown and I teach in Curlew, so I just couldn't help dropping you a line.

Our school became involved wtih PTL last fall, and I've recently completed the PTL coaching institute, I'm in the process of setting up teacher visits to other schools. Is your school still involved with PTL? I would be curious to hear from you about this.

Sincerely,
Connie F., Republic

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home