Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Should I Join AERA?

Yesterday I was singing the praises of WERA, the state-level education research organization.

They are a branch of the American Educational Research Association, AERA for short, best known for the ginormous conference that the put on yearly.

On one hand, I love me some educational research.

On the other, I’m a classroom teacher, and that sort of puts me on the wrong side of the research-to-practice chasm. Plus, it’s $120 a year.

Anyone out there a member? Does AERA hold any value for the teacher?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely. Try it for a year, an attend a national conference. (San Diego in 1009) It's great networking, and you'll come away with so many ideas it will make your head spin. AERA needs more practitioners in its midst. I'm not a researcher; I'm a communicator, and AERA has helped me do my work more knowledgeably.
Paul Baker
www.EducationPR.org

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home