Friday, June 13, 2008

Where the Economics of Education Really Falls Apart....

....is in the ASCD Catalog.

In their most recent Education Update they trumpet the great sessions that went on at this year's ASCD Annual Conference in New Orleans. Looks like a neat event, would love to go someday if they ever get close to the left coast. I see a little blurb in the flyer about audio recordings of sessions from the conference and I think to myself, "Neat! I'd not mind having those for summer listening pleasure, what since I'm a professional and all!" and merrily make my way over to the website to download them, a la podcasts.

The catch: if you want a package of podcasts, you're going to have to shell out $150 first. Screw that.

I guess that's about what I should have expected, though, since the ASCD video series are almost all priced in the mid three-figure range, putting them out of the reach of most. Even single videos of 15 minutes can cost $89.

I guess when you're the biggest name in town you can get away with that, but golly Ned those prices seem out of line.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home