Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Week that Was

Monday: Teach all day, then run out the door to a bargaining meeting with my school district. Good dialogue, and I'm hoping we can turn the contract out in a hurry.

Tuesday: Lion's Club dinner. My old principal was installed as president of the club, which was a neat moment for him. The Lions do a lot of work with vision and hearing, which is right up my alley given my daughter's medical difficulties.

Wednesday: Teach a half day, then run home to study for a final exam that evening. After the final exam head to funeral home for a vigil service for my wife's great aunt, who died over the weekend at the age of 94. She spent 77 years as a nun with the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, which is the sort of devotion that I can only begin to understand.

Thursday: I took the day off so I could stay home with my daughter while my wife went to the funeral for the nun. Later on in the afternoon met with the Bargaining Team to talk about strategy for our next bargaining session.

Friday: The last full day of school. Clean this, scrub that. Pass this out, collect these. Awards assembly that goes on too long. Kids are bonkers, but the kids are almost done. The value that I place on having a summer vacation goes up higher every year.

It's a good life.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home