Friday, January 04, 2008

Oh, Lighten Up

From the January NEA Today (p.17):

A recent Hardee’s “flat bun” hamburger commercial, which featured a teacher gyrating on top of her desk, was “irresponsible,” “unbelievably demeaning,” and “sexually exploitive,” said Tennessee Education Association President Earl Wiman—whose strong words got it pulled from the airways.
First, I call shenanigans. I doubt that Hardee’s gives a rip what some guy in Tennessee said.

Secondly, here’s the commercial:




Third, it is all those things that Wiman said it was. It’s also funny, in the spirit of “**** in a Box” or “Lazy Sunday”, and that’s why the company went that way.

Then again, I’m also the target demo for this ad, so I’m probably not the best to judge.

I guess I didn't realize what a kerfuffle this caused, either, because when I went looking for more info I found a ton of posts about the "controversy" surrounding this add. Some of the best are here from Blogger News, and here from Olberman punching bag Fox Business.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home