Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Christmas Post


The gifts are mostly wrapped, the cards have been sent. Mrs. finished all her cooking, and the Cute Deaf Baby is absolutely loving all the lights and bric-a-brac that define the season.

Coming in March I'll finish up year 2 of the blog and begin year three. It's been a busy two years, with the birth of my daughter, my work with the WEA, and beginning my principal's certificate, and I appreciate you all having been here for the ride.

I'll be taking a few days of shortly to immerse in the Christmas fun, so here's my annual Christmas post, today using a meme that I first saw at The Science Goddess' website.

  • Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Bags are nice and easy for oddly shaped things.
  • Real tree or artificial? Real, but this is where Mrs. and I have a split. She likes the pines, with their clearly defined branches. I like fir trees, blobs of green. We always get pine.
  • When do you put up the tree? Sometime after December 8th. My mom's birthday is December 8th, and she always said that we weren't going to get ours until she got hers. Mom is very provincial about her birthday.
  • When do you take down the tree? Usually, January 2nd. I like having it done before school gets back in session.
  • Do you like eggnog? Ugh.
  • Favourite gift received as a child? My grandfather had a huge, huge collection of old copies of Life magazine that he gave to me when I was 10. I loved those magazines.
  • Do you have a nativity scene? Yep. It's sitting on the bar right now, not that that means anyhting.
  • Hardest person to buy for? My wife, oddly enough, because she doesn't like jewelry, flowers, furniture, electronics, and I can't get her taste in books nailed. My dad is a close second, because he's just plain hard to read.
  • Easiest person to buy for? Me!
  • Worst Christmas gift ever received? A game for the Sega Genesis. Nothing wrong with the game, mind you, except we were a Super Nintendo household.
  • Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail. Did 120 this year!
  • Favourite Christmas movie? I'll always make the time for A Christmas Story.
  • When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long. We have a box we store them in and pull them out when the season comes.
  • Have you ever regifted a Christmas present? Oh heck yes.
  • Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? My wife's fudge. My God, does she ever make good fudge.
  • Clear lights or coloured on the tree? Colored. Clear lights annoy me. Why even bother?
  • Favourite Christmas song? Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies. That's music, right there.
  • Travel for Christmas or stay at home? I travel because I have to, but my druthers would be to stay at home.
  • Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dang right!
  • Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
  • Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Oh boy. We usually open one gift on Christmas eve, go over to my sister-in-laws house on Christmas morning and open presents there, then bring everyone up to our place Christmas night to open more presents. It's a season, after all.
  • Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not having enough time to do all that I want to do.
  • What I love most about Christmas? The spirit. When it all comes together and everyone just relaxes and enjoys, that's a great thing to see.


May God bless you and keep you safe during this holiday season; have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Science Goddess said...

Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas 2007---and a wondrous 2008.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home