Monday, July 30, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

The Four Things meme, thanks to The Exhausted Intern:

Four Jobs I've Had:
*Cutting the lawn at the Episcopal Church in Chehalis. My stepfather was on the vestry. It was good work.
*The shipping department at Aluminite Northwest, one of the nation's largest producers of screen doors and windows. I have never, ever been in better shape than I was doing that job. The 50 hours a week of factory work diet will take the pounds off in a hurry.
*Working in the hall office during college. I'm one of those nerds who lived in the dorms for four years, but it was cheap living on campus, so why not?
*Teacher!

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
*The Shawshank Redemption. When Andy breaks out through the sewer pipe and looks up into the rain....that's good video, right there.
*Unforgiven. You can't watch the last 15 minutes of that movie and not get emotionally involved.
*Batman Begins. I'm a bat-nut from way back, and this re-imagining of the series warmed the cockles of my heart, big time.
*Citizen Kane, for all the obvious reasons.

Four Places I've Lived:
*Born in Vancouver, Washington.
*Moved to Rochester, just south of Olympia, when my parents divorced.
*Graduated from Rochester and went to Cheney to attend college.
*Fell in love with a Medical Lake girl, and now here I am.

Four TV Shows I Love:
*Around the Horn. It's brain candy!
*The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. How the hell they think Conan can replace Jay, I don't understand.
*The Daily Show with John Stewart.
*Countdown with Keith Olberman.

Four Places I've Vacationed:
*Long Beach. My family has a house near the beach, and we spent many happy hours down there when I was a kid.
*Colville. What? Yes, Colville. My in-laws have the neatest cabin in the woods up there, and when you want to get away from it all that's the greatest place in the world to go.
*Disneyland, after my high school graduation.
*The Oregon Coast. I'd love to get there again some day.

Four of My Favorite Dishes:
*Arroz con Pollo.
*The chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell.
*Brownies, the moister, the better.
*Lasagna with a little provolone cheese melted over the top.

Four Sites I Visit Daily:
*The Education Wonks
*Statcounter
*NYC Educator
*Washington Teachers

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
*As I type this I'm in Shoreline, Washington attending the WEA Leadership Academy. I'm in the thick of it, and I can honestly say that there's nowhere I'd rather be!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Life as a House" as a great movie to watch over and over?

How about Bell Work Online as the fifth blog you visit daily?

Thanks for this fun post.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing, Ryan. Great post!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home