Thursday, April 05, 2007

The News Tribune on National Certification

Interesting column by Peter Callaghan on the budget proposal to give additional money to teachers who are board certified, particularly if they teach in high-need schools and high-need subjects. I'm with him in that I like targetting the money; I think, though, that there need to be good measures in place to see if the program is effective.

That said, 10% of my base salary might be enough to get me interested in getting Board Certified.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to say this is true of all board certified teachers, but I worked with one who was the worst teacher I have ever worked with. He verbally abused kids, couldn't stay in a classroom for a whole day, wandered the halls and couldn't fnction as a teacher, however he could perform the tasks asked of him as to do the certification. Most, 90%, of the board certiied teacher are probably awesome but some real winners still slip through.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home