Thursday, March 15, 2007

Back to Work

This week was the phase-out week for my student teacher, and I'm tired. Today my voice started giving out, mainly because I hadn't needed to do much in the way of constant talking in the past 9 weeks.

She did an incredible job, though. She'd been in my room for her math practicum and the block classes, so she knew the routine, and there was no fear as she took over. I let her try quite a few different management techniques so that she could find the one that worked best for her, and she really seemed to appreciate the freedom that I gave her. She also knows how to talk to kids, commanding yet loving, and it's been a treat to watch her develop this year.

I hope the next student teacher is as good as she was.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home