Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Teachers Salaries Posted On-Line

It's sort of discomforting to go on-line and see your salary posted for all the world to see. That's what I did over the weekend, at Louis Bloom's website. His hobby is making Public Information Requests of state agencies and putting it on-line, and thus there we all are, since teachers are state employees. Bloom himself admits it's an oddball, gossipy hobby, but more power to him. As someone who pushes for transparency I can't rightly complain about it, right?

And hell, here I am surfing around to see what the principals make, the other teachers in my grade level, the superintendant, the guys I went to college with who are also in teaching, and so on. It's nosy, but addictive. Try it at your own discretion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home