Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A special story

The school that I teach at serves almost entirely military families, so the events going on in Iraq and Afghanistan affect us directly. One of my boys has a dad who was supposed to get back from a 4 month deployment Monday night/Tuesday morning at about 2:00 a.m., but the plane got delayed in Maine. I could tell W was disappointed, but he did OK.

Last night we had our music program, and W had a big solo part. 5 minutes before he's supposed to sing his dad walks in the door, still wearing his fatigues, just in time to hear W's big moment. The look in his eyes when he saw his dad was unforgettable, and I'm so happy for the whole family that they have Dad back. One of my other girls got her dad back yesterday, too, so there's plenty of happiness in the classroom today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home