Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Review of "Teachers Have It Easy" from Educationsector.org

The title is wonderfully provocative: Teachers Have It Easy: The Big Sacrifices and Small Salaries of America's Teachers. When I saw it on the shelf at Barnes and Noble I went ahead and picked it up, and I was glad I did. It's fluffy in a few places, and the stories are repetitive after some time, but it's still a great read that says an awful lot about teaching today.

There's a very good review at theEducation Sector website. They also put out a bi-weekly email newsletter that has links from around the web; it's worth checking out.

The next book sitting in the pile, under the comic books, is The Essential 55 by Ron Clark. I picked it up at the WERA conference last month; it looks pretty good from the bit I've skimmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home