Sunday, November 01, 2009

You Know What We Need? Some Complaining About TV Washington.

What's left of the Seattle PI has an article regarding the kerfuffle over Dow Constantine using some TV Washington photage in an attack ad against his opponent for King County Executive, Susan Hutchison. I lean toward agreeing with Goldy that this is clearly a case of fair use, and while TVW may not like it because of the impartiality they've striven to maintain, I don't think any of the blame can be laid at their feet for this.

My kvetches with TVW? #1 on the list is that I wish you could download video off their website for watching later. You can buy them from TVW at $25 a throw, but it would be a hell of a lot more convenient to have it sitting on ITunes waiting for me to watch it when I wanted to watch it. #2 is what I've mentioned before; I'd love to see TVW and Northwest Cable News both show up on my Dish Network channel listing.

That said, with the Quality Education Council on-air tomorrow, I'll be watching.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Emmett said...

Not exactly what you're looking for, but they do offer RSS feeds/podcasts for tons of audio content. Not video, but by offering so much RSSed audio, it makes you think they'll get to video at some point.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Emmett: You're right, and they do deserve a ton of praise for the amount of audio that they do offer, as well as the closed-captioning transcripts which make it easy for a guy like me to find specific discussions that he's watched earlier.

Overall, TVW is a good operation. We're a better state because of the work they do.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home