Friday, December 19, 2008

O Hai, I Make Public Policy.

Actually, Statcounter is brutally efficient in reminding me that no one visits this blog except for me, and I actually haven't even been here since late 2006 (all postings since are created by BlogBog 3000; I'm way too busy whinging about the Sonics and finding new TV shows to badparent my daughter with), but I did find this blurb from the New Tribune interesting:

Here's the general analysis of Gregoire's budget that was done by the House budget committee staff:

(snip)

Other Adjustments:

ยท OSPI is encouraged to look at school district consolidations with the goal of administrative savings. Report to Legislature Nov. 2009.
That sounds a lot like something that I've been pushing for a year now; I wrote a quick-ass paper on it for one of my Leadership classes, too.

I'm just happy to see the idea get a mention, anywhere, because I think it's the right thing to do. It will be painful, but there are way too many school districts out there where I think it would be better for a lot of the stakeholders.

Now I just need to find a way to get on that committee...

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Science Goddess said...

Now, now---don't forget that people who use Google Reader (or other aggregators) only have to visit if they need to leave a comment.

I'm sure you have far more fans than statcounter shows. :)

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home