Friday, March 21, 2008

I was this close to missing flu season....

So Tuesday afternoon I started feeling this tightness in my chest. Felt like a cold. Went out and bought some cough drops and a bottle of Robitussin, and figured that would be that.

I haven't seen my school since. The last three days have been chills followed by hot flashes, sleep followed by soup followed by sleep, snot by the gallon.

And puke. I don't throw up often--the last time I can remember tossing up the technicolor yawn was middle school, 17 years ago--and when I woke up yesterday morning with this odd feeling at the base of my throat my initial thought was, "God, that's an odd-feeling cough." Sense took over and I made my way over to the toilet, where I spent the next half hour calling to my friend Ralph.

Last night the Mrs. made me some chicken noodle soup. Late last night I fed it to the toilet like mother bird tending to her babies. This sucks.

Today I'm feeling marginally better. Haven't been able to eat anything, and I've completely lost my voice, but the soreness is leveling off, and I can finally string two thoughts together again in a coherent fashion.

I fought the flu, and the flu won.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home