Friday, November 24, 2006

Vignettes

Buddy reading. H walks up and says, “Mr. Rain, M says that we’re not supposed to read the story twice, but I say we are!”

“Tell M. that you’re right, H.”

H walks back over to M and says, “Mr. Rain says that I am right. I am soooo right!”

Kids are soooo weird.

...........................................

I explain the math assignment. Upon completing my explanation of what to do on the math assignment M raises her hand and asks, “Mr. Rain, what do we do on this?”

“M, honey, that’s what I was just telling you, and I’m not going to tell you again.”

“But I wasn’t listening!”

Really? I’ll be darned.

....................................................

I’m a little annoyed at one of our Kindergarten teachers, because when A came to me this year it was as obvious as the nose on my face (and believe me, it’s obvious!) that he had a speech problem. I called in one of the speech therapists who did an informal assessment in the classroom one day; on the way out she says, “Oh yeah, he’s definitely going to be one of mine.”

He says to me one day, “Mr. Rain, I bant to have a tookie for snat.”

“Huh?”

“I bant to have a bookie for snat!”

Fortunately I speak fluent first grader, and using my translation skills I was able to discern that he wanted to have something for snack. I just wasn’t sure what.

“A too-kie?”

“No, a took-ie!”

“A turkey? What?”

“A tookie!”

“…..Wait! Do you mean a cookie?”

“Yeah, tan I have a tookie?”

“Yes, A, you may have a cookie.”

“Tanks, Mr. Rain!”

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home